Location: Bucharest, Romania
Elefant.ro started as a venture that aimed to capitalise on the growing e-commerce activity in the region. From an on-line retailer of books originally, the company has expanded into other categories such as toys, perfumes, cosmetics and watches where it managed to become the online market leader. In a relatively short period of time, Elefant.ro managed to build one of the most trusted and recognisable brands in the Romanian e-commerce by offering great product variety at competitive prices and outstanding customer service. The business shows constant y-on-y growth in terms of number of customers and revenue.
- 2016The company raises 5.5m EUR in a Round B financing and welcomes a new investor “Emerging Europe Accession Fund Cooperatief U.A.” managed by Axxess Capital. elefant.md is launched in Republic of Moldova as the first regional expansion effort of the company.
- 2015The pick-up point network reaches 15 locations. The web-site becomes fully responsive for desktop and mobile usage.
- 2014Catalyst Romania, a fund managed by 3TS Capital Partners takes a minority stake through the first external round of financing. The company launches the first pick-up point and expands into a new distribution centre. A number of new categories are launched.
- 2013The company became the market leader in online book sales and expanded into new categories such as clothing, footwear and accessories.
- 2012The first new category has been launched – toys.
- 2010The company is founded as an online book shop by Fribourg Capital and Mr. Dan Vidrascu.